Cannot add a new user to JIRA

Carol Cook February 1, 2019

When I try to invite a new user from our domain, I get this error:

"Something went wrong.  We couldn't send your invitation.  Try adding that user again."

We have plenty of available licenses and the email address has been verified.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2019

@Carol Cook

Are you using JIRA for your User Management?

Best,

Fadoua

Yes.  I have had no issues in the past.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2019

@Carol Cook

I wish I could help you more. Since you are a Cloud user there is no way for you to check the logs.

I suggest you to click here and open a ticket with Atlassian.

I will appreciate if you can inform me on what was the issue.

Best,

Fadoua

Hi:

I had assumed we had the same number of Confluence licenses as JIRA which we didn't.  When I unchecked the Confluence application access box, I was able to add the user.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2019

@Carol CookThank you for the update!

I didn't ask you about licenses because on your first post you mentioned that you have plenty of licenses.

Glad you found the issue. Thank you for accepting my answer even if I didn't find the issue for you.

Best,

Fadoua

Suggest an answer