Can you use a user macro inline in 5.1?

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2013

I have a macro that can be used in a wiki markup block like this:

This is one line {mymacro}some words{mymacro} and everything continues.

It outputs this is a single line, with the macro getting to do its stuff to "some words".

But when I use the macro in the normal way, via the macro browser, the editor ends up putting the macro on its own llne , so it ends up like this:

This is one line
some words
and everything continues.

Is there a way to insert a macro in Confluence 5.1 so new paragraphs aren't created?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2013

Found the answer -- the user needs to set it to display inline. There's a little image when you select a macro in the editor, and it has two icons that I didn't understand -- one sets the macro to be inline, the other sets it block. There's no way to programatically declare that the macro is inline.

0 votes
James Taylor August 7, 2014

I am using the cloud version and can't find the icons or any way to change this - screenshot anyone?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2015

To answer this question, there's no way a Cloud instance can utilize Usermacros, since they are restricted functions on Cloud.

Suggest an answer