I've been working on setting up our JIRA instance and have a question to which, at least so far, I think the answer is no :( Is it possible to create a custom field in the project, create accounts for our external partners, and restrict their visibility into the project to only see issues tagged for them via this custom field? Basically we don't want them seeing any issues in the project that don't pertain to them.
Thanks in advance!
If I understand you correctly, you want to restrict the visibility of issues to users.
Here's the steps.
1. Assign all internal users to a project role.
2. Configure a custom field of type User Picker called "External Users" and add this field to the Create and Edit screens. This will be for users who the issue reporter wishes to include in the ticket.
3. Create an Issue Security Scheme and add a security level that allows only a group that represents internal users project role, the reporter, and the "External Users" Field.
4. Associate that Issue Security Scheme with the project.
5. Set the default security level to this new security level so that all issues are raised with this security model
6. Hide the field – Security Level from the screen so that no one can choose to select none in the security level
With this security model only users who feature in either of the three groups will be able to view the ticket.
Hope this helps !
I've tried (probably doing something wrong) and only created a new label defaulted to External Users for all issues, thus making all issues visible to External Users vs. only those we tag going forward as EU visible to EU. Also inadvertantly reduced our own visibilty to our own issues. We may just go with aproject running in parallel to the main project; it's just easier lol.
Yes, it is possible, this is exactly the way https://support.atlassian.com works. You also need to enable an additional project permissions as described here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Current+Reporter+Browse+Project+Permission
This also does not require an issue security scheme.
I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs