Can you export current sprint issues to excel?

Louis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 22, 2019

I want to export my current sprint issues to excel but it does not seem possible. I have seen some people mention third party vendors but I really do not want to go that route. If anyone has tips or tricks for getting this done please let know. 

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2019

Hi @Louis 

You can try the following workaround:

1) Switch to Reports> Sprint Report.

2) Select desired Sprint.

3) Select the option "View in Issue Navigator".

4) Use "Export" to CSV option.

Sumit Shanker Mathur
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 5, 2020

This was really helpful. Thanks!

ayushi.b
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 28, 2021

Really helpful, Thanks!

Marcos Melhuish (Contractor)
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 2, 2021

For something simple in Microsoft Azure Boards has wasted 1 hour of my time in Jira! 

The UX is really bad.

Like # people like this
Ram Mehta December 6, 2022

I agree.. I think one of the primary reason for that is that both Azure TFS and MS Excel are from Microsoft. But completely agree that JIRA can do a better job at this.

Also, I am not able to export cards to Outlook.. any way you know of ?

1 vote
Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2019

I would keep it simple, just go to issue view then in JQL field write Sprint = Your Sprint. 

Once all issues are shown just use the regular exporter. 

Since you have not said if you are running cloud on server the options are:

If you are on cloud you would have to do a CSV export. Open that in excel and tweek it as needed. 

On Server you can enable excel export again by doing this which still works as of Jira 8.3

1. Stop JIRA.
  2. Locate the jira-config.properties file in the $JIRA_HOME directory. If the file does not exist, please proceed to create it.
  3. Open the file and add the below on a separate line:
    jira.export.excel.enabled=true
  4. Save this file.
  5. Restart JIRA.
0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 7, 2022

I understand you are not looking at Jira apps to export the current sprint to Excel, but if it's because of the cost, I wanted to mention that Better Excel Exporter became free for teams of under 10.

I recommend this guide on exporting the current sprint issues from the Jira board to Excel.

(I'm part of the team developing Better Excel Exporter for Jira.)

Suggest an answer