Can you delete history items in JIRA Cloud?

Ali Granger January 19, 2015

I have a comment that I wish to delete on a JIRA Cloud instance.  I can delete the comment, but the (change) history shows the comment.   Is there any way to completely expunge this record?  

I've seen other answers that talk about deleting them from the database which is not an option I have in the JIRA Cloud.   Are there any other options?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2015

Clone the issue so you have the basics, and then delete the original.  The clone will drop the entire history, but retain the fields.  If you want to keep parts of the history, I'd scrape it into a text editor before you delete the original, and post the bits you want to keep as a comment with some form of explanation (a nice easy one is "someone put a password in the original, so we had to delete it", even when there are other reasons)

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2015

Maybe also add the original issue key on a comment to help with searches too

0 votes
Ali Granger January 19, 2015

Thanks Nic, that will suffice for what we require.

Much appreciate the quick answer!

Suggest an answer