Can you add Resolved tasks to the automatic Assigned to me-filter?

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2015

In our company we work as followed:

1. Person A creates an issue and assignes it to person B
  2. Person B does what he has to do
  3. Person B Resolves the issue and assignes it to person A
  4. When Person A approves the given solution, he closes the issue.

But... Resolved issues are not shown in the gadget Assigned to Me. So, a lot of times, we as administrators, have to place a comment or share the issue with the question: "Please close the issue if you're approved". I'm beginning to get tired of it. 

It would really help if the Resolved issues are also shown in this gadget. Or perhaps there's another easy/automatic solution?

I know you can add another gadget or something, but most of them have no time or no knowledge how to add another gadget and I don't want to go / have no time to go to all my users.....

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2015

No, the point of "resolved" is that the issue is done and doesn't need more attention.  The gadget is hard coded with a filter for "assigned to me and unresolved".

You are right in that you can add another gadget - that's the only way you're going to do this (without code).  Create a filter for just "assigned to me" and educate the users to use it.

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2015

Hi Nic, Thank you for your answer. I won't look for it any further. Probably best to educate them........... :-)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2015

Joe's point about dropping the actual resolved flag until the issue is actively signed off is another approach I take quite often - it forces people to do the sign off quite neatly, although I tend use a different status than "resolved". Something like "waiting sign off" is more clear.

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2015

This is a drawback to the assigned to me filter and why we never set the resolution field until the issue is being closed. I have used a couple different custom fields such as 'developer resolution' and 'proposed resolution' that can be set before the end if you need to have a 'resolution' before the end.

Suggest an answer