Can we hide assign button on issue screen

I would like to hide assign option is it possible we are  using "cloud instance"

say for example below :

I added assignee feild in "send to dev" button

crop.png

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Shiva,

That button is part of an add-on, and we can disable the module responsable for that for you, but you need to be aware this will affect all the projects in your instance. Please raise an issue with us at https://support.atlassian.com if you want to proceed with that.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Hi Shiva,

If you want it removed for all users, then I believe the only solution on a Cloud instance is disabling View ops bar assign link.

• Login as JIRA Administrator
  • Go to Administration > Plugins > System Plugins
  • Click 'Manage Plugin Modules'
  • You can see 'View ops bar assign link' plugin module. Disable it.

If you are using JIRA Server, you can try the solution described on How to remove the 'Assign' button from issues.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

Hi @Paula Silveira,

We need to do this as well and have the Cloud version.  I worked with my administrator to try to Disable "View ops bar assign link" and it's not allowed (even as an administrator).  This "Assign" button causes problems for us/ confuses our users.  Is there another way to remove it or disable it?  

Hi,
the button removal via editing the XML file as described in How to remove the 'Assign' button from issues worked perfectly for me.
It basically disables partially the plugin.

I was wondering if there is any way to apply this modification only to certain projects.

More generally, if I have several projects, and some of them are configured to manage the Assign as transition, while others use the Assign as operation (the plugin button), is there any way to manage this scenario?

Thanks

1 votes
Jason Worley Atlassian Team Jun 23, 2015

As per the informational banner in the KB: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+remove+the+'Assign'+button+from+issues 

Also, please be aware that customisations done by directly modifying files are not included in the upgrade process. These modifications will need to be reapplied manually on the upgraded instance.

Therefore its generally not advised to make modifications as they will most likely be reverted on subsequent updates. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,980 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot