Can the jira cloud offering support more than 2k users?

Greg Puthota November 20, 2017

Can the jira cloud offering support more than 2k users? 

We are a large enterprise company and our user base will easily hit 5k limit in the initial phase itself. And we absolutely are looking at getting a cloud based offering for our users, rather than setting up our own instances. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2018

Hi @Greg Puthota and @John Price,

I just wanted to reach out with an update. You can now add up to 5,000 users to your Jira or Confluence Cloud sites. 

There is more information about the new limit in this Community article I wrote: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/New-5k-User-Limit-and-Other-Cloud-Updates/ba-p/892001

Greg Puthota September 20, 2018

Thats a great news. Thank you Lauren for the update. 

John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2018

Great news!  Although since I posted my other comment, we've been bought out and I have to decide how to fuse our ~2000 users with another 6000 user Server instance (new parent also has a 9k user instance).  So we may end up on Data Center anyway if we can get parity on the UI and the add-ons.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2017

No, the limit for Cloud is currently 2,000 users.

Atlassian are working on increasing that, but I doubt you'll see the limit raised until towards the end of 2018.

I would look at 3rd party hosting instead - there are plenty of Atlassian solution partners and standard hosting providers who will run large Atlassian systems for you (I work for one, in the interests of disclosure)

John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2018

Nic - 

Suggestions for companies who start out smaller and eventually hit the 2k limit?  Do you know anything about the sorts of migrations Atlassian supports (to Server, 3rd party host)?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2018

Migrate to Server is the only real option.

The downloads Cloud provides are designed to be imported into Server installations (as well as act as backups)

John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2018

Thanks Nic.  I've appreciated your pithy comments over the many years I've been a Jira admin.  This is my first experience with Cloud so I'm still figuring out some of the pros and cons.

Suggest an answer