Can't view custom field on issue view, but I can see it in list view or column editor

I for some reason cannot see the 'State' field in the default Detail View in Jira.

If I flip over to List View, or edit the columns I can see it, but those views are not my preferred view methods.

How can I get this field to show up in Detail View?

2 answers

1 accepted

The basic field says None, when I switched it Open manually then it appeared. What I was trying to do was to see the Status from ZenDesk when the Workflow states changed. Now my question has been answered but it raised a new problem that I'll ask in a different question.

0 votes

Jira doesn't specifically have a "state" field, so I assume you have added a custom-field called "state"

I also assume that by "detail view", you mean the standard view of an issue, when you go to jira/browse/ABC-123

For a field to appear on a screen, it must have data, or Jira hides it in attempt to simplify the display. Can you check to see if that is the case?

Corrrect. I neglected to mention that the field is there as part of an Application Link with ZenDesk. The field has data sent over from ZenDesk in the form of Open, Pending or Closed.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,868 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot