Can't reference users in comments

frederico.novack November 19, 2019

Hello people!

I'm having a weird problem in my Jira board. Whenever someone writes a comment and wants to reference other users with "@name_of_the_user" Jira won't autocomplete the name of the user. 

Anyone had this problem before? Is it a config or something that we're missing here?

1 answer

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2019

Can you check the users have the "Browse users" global permission?

frederico.novack November 19, 2019

Yeah... It looks like my  "developer" group (where almost everybody is) has this permission

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2019

Do the users have permission to "Browse issues" in the project?  To be mentioned, they need to have permission to view that issue.

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2019

So the group that everyone is in needs the "Browse issues" project permission, and the "Browse users" global permission.

Suggest an answer