Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can't map CSV into Issue key Jira field

Hello!

As far as I can see, the bulk import of issues is currently not supporting mapping the 'Issue Key' , and thus existing issues captured in the CSV-file are now duplicated. Could this please be fixed? as far as i could read in the forum, then that is a key mapping option that was removed at some point, while most others are kept

2 answers

0 votes

Hello,

There are Two Issue Import options for CSV, under the Issue Dropdown "Import Issues from CSV" does not allow mapping to existing issue using the issue key and will allow you to Bulk create new issues.

If you need to update existing issues navigate to Admin >> System >> IMPORT AND EXPORT >> External System Import >> CSV  and under this import option the "CSV Importer"  the Issue Key is a valid option:

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 3.21.18 PM.png

Regards,
Earl

My version of Jira administration doesn't have the Admin >> System >> IMPORT AND EXPORT >> External System Import >> CSV option.  It doesn't even have a SYSTEM option on the ADMIN screen.  Please advise.

Hello Chris,

Do you have the Global "Jira Administrators" Permissions?

Also the Shortcut is to hit the "g" key twice OR the "." key to open up the search dialog box and start typing "External System Import" to jump to the menu.

Regards,
Earl

Hi,

Can you please let me know if it is possible to map the issue key filed in dropdown "Import Issues from CSV"  as user ( not as a admin). ?

at Bulk Create - "Import issues from CSV" available under Issues top menu 

Thank you.

0 votes

Was facing the same issue when I was trying to import from Filter > Advanced Issue Search > Overflow Menu > Import CSV. The key field wasnt there.

But when I tried from Settings > Systems > External System Import > CSV.  I was able to see the "Issue Key" field and it updated the Issues successfully instead of creating new ones.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you