Can't map CSV into Issue key Jira field

Per Fjuk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 12, 2018

Hello!

As far as I can see, the bulk import of issues is currently not supporting mapping the 'Issue Key' , and thus existing issues captured in the CSV-file are now duplicated. Could this please be fixed? as far as i could read in the forum, then that is a key mapping option that was removed at some point, while most others are kept

3 answers

2 votes
Mohammad Yusuf
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 11, 2021

Was facing the same issue when I was trying to import from Filter > Advanced Issue Search > Overflow Menu > Import CSV. The key field wasnt there.

But when I tried from Settings > Systems > External System Import > CSV.  I was able to see the "Issue Key" field and it updated the Issues successfully instead of creating new ones.

1 vote
Kelly Koolen September 15, 2021

HI,

I need this answer too! Could someone please response? 

Thanks

Kelly

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2018

Hello,

There are Two Issue Import options for CSV, under the Issue Dropdown "Import Issues from CSV" does not allow mapping to existing issue using the issue key and will allow you to Bulk create new issues.

If you need to update existing issues navigate to Admin >> System >> IMPORT AND EXPORT >> External System Import >> CSV  and under this import option the "CSV Importer"  the Issue Key is a valid option:

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 3.21.18 PM.png

Regards,
Earl

Chris Arnold
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 31, 2018

My version of Jira administration doesn't have the Admin >> System >> IMPORT AND EXPORT >> External System Import >> CSV option.  It doesn't even have a SYSTEM option on the ADMIN screen.  Please advise.

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2018

Hello Chris,

Do you have the Global "Jira Administrators" Permissions?

Also the Shortcut is to hit the "g" key twice OR the "." key to open up the search dialog box and start typing "External System Import" to jump to the menu.

Regards,
Earl

Reddeppa August 19, 2020

Hi,

Can you please let me know if it is possible to map the issue key filed in dropdown "Import Issues from CSV"  as user ( not as a admin). ?

at Bulk Create - "Import issues from CSV" available under Issues top menu 

Thank you.

larswillrich
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 14, 2021

Hi,

any response here? Is it possible to do a bulk  "Import Issues from CSV" as a non admin? Is it possible to assign this permission without being the admin?

Best regards

Lars

Suggest an answer