Can't find a way to assign a permission scheme for next gen project

Demetrios Mallous September 20, 2019

I created a new permission scheme and would like to apply it to a project. I cannot find a way to do this. Using next gen project.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2019

Permission schemes only apply to classic projects.

Demetrios Mallous September 20, 2019

What's the alternative then? Trying to restrict agents from being able to close tickets.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2019

First what do you mean by “agents”. The only reason I ask is that term in the Atlassian world refers to licensed users of Jira Service Desk and for sure they need the ability to own issues thru closure.

Regardless, if you want to control the permissions of users in a project then you need to be using a Classic project template. You could consider migrating your issues from the NG to a Classic. Use the Search bar above and search for “migrating next-gen to classic” and you will find reference to the steps. Basically the steps are to setup your Classic project as desired to align closely to current NG and then use the bulk move issues.

Suggest an answer