Can't drag queues up or down in Next Gen

Harry Bob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2020

Hello,

As of today I am not able to move my queues. Has there been any change made by Jira?

I was able to create queues and simply drag it up and down and organise it but today I am not able to.

5 answers

5 votes
Anthony France February 24, 2021

Once again the queues cannot be reordered, there simply is no handle or seeming ability to move them around.

Madineni February 24, 2021

Me also, still can't move the queues in any browser. Fixing it as soon as possible will be great helpful.

Hec February 24, 2021

It looks like they added the ability to have starred queues, and in so doing, they appear to have broken the ability to move them.

Even the ones in the "STARRED" section appear in the order that they were in the "OTHER" section, regardless of the order in which you star them, and cannot be moved.

I was at least hoping that the starred queues would appear in the order that I starred them, so I'd advise updating that and hopefully restore the ability to move them within their respective section.

@Fernando Bordallo or anyone else from Atlassian dev team, we'd appreciate some feedback on this. Thanks.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Tom Hawkins January 17, 2024

@Abhishek @albert please answer @Ashley Farley's question, I have the same and it's why I'm here. Impressed at how quickly you jumped on the other issues not limited to Starred section in the chat earlier but the reordering of Starred section I think should be possible for any agent who has done their own starring regardless of whether an admin or not please. Asking for a friend. 

0 votes
Living Supplements March 8, 2021

Not working for me - tried FF WF chrome and edge ?

0 votes
Greg Fishback March 5, 2021

Agreed, it is now working for me as well but not in the starred section.

0 votes
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

Hello @Harry Bob

Thank you for reporting this. It is indeed an issue that has inadvertently rolled out. Our JSD team is actively working on it and will roll out a fix for it asap 🚀

Harry Bob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2020

Thanks for letting me know @Fernando Bordallo 

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
Hec February 12, 2020

Would appreciate an update on this, as it's been nearly a month and the issue persists...all new queues are stuck at the bottom.

Harry Bob
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2020

@Fernando Bordallo Can confirm that I'm having the same issue again. It was fixed a few weeks ago

Like Hec likes this
Harry Bob
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2020

@Hec Looks like its fixed again

Hec February 14, 2020

@Harry Bob @Fernando Bordallo I still can't move any of my queues, nor do I see any other interface that allows me to sort them as needed.

Hec February 14, 2020

@Fernando Bordallo I can move them now. Thanks for the fix.

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2020

Hello @Harry Bob @Hec

Sorry for the inconvenience. As soon as you posted I contacted the Service Desk team and they jumped on it. 🙇‍♂️

Hec February 18, 2020

@Fernando Bordallo The functionality reverted; no longer able to drag queues....would appreciate a permanent fix (I'm assuming this is an issue and that the ability to move queues isn't being deprecated).

Like Andrew Boeger likes this
Andrew Boeger February 19, 2020

Having this issue in Cloud JSD :( Can't move any queues and I have access to create/edit/delete. Tried Edge, Safari, and Chrome.

Andrew Boeger February 21, 2020

@Fernando Bordallo any updates on why the fix dropped out? We're moving our service desk to Jira next Saturday... kinda messy that the queues are all over the place unless I recreate them. 

Andrew Boeger February 25, 2020

@Fernando Bordallo Any updates please? This is still not working. 

Andrew Boeger February 28, 2020

@Fernando Bordallo Help! :) 

Hec March 2, 2020

@Andrew Boeger They've gone dark and appear to be content to leave this feature broken and/or don't find it important enough to chime back in.

@Fernando Bordallo We would appreciate this issue be rectified ASAP. Thanks.

Albert
Atlassian Team
March 2, 2020

Hi @Andrew Boeger @Hec

I'm a developer on Jira Service Desk, I hear your pain with the queue reordering. We are currently attempting to fix this, unfortunately its been a particularly difficult bug to track down as it doesn't break consistently.

Thanks for your patience. Sit tight!

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
Albert
Atlassian Team
March 3, 2020

@Andrew Boeger @Hec
We may have found a workaround while you're waiting for the fix to be rolled out. Do you happen to know if you're a Site administrator or a Jira administrator? The bug seems to be that project admins aren't able to reorder queues, when they should be able to.

Let me know if you would like to try this approach in the meantime. If it's not possible, the fix is coming soon.

Hec March 4, 2020

@Albert I'm not a Site nor Jira admin, and it's unlikely that I'd have my role elevated just for a workaround for this issue. Thanks, though. I'll wait for the fix.

Andrew Boeger March 4, 2020

@Albert I am admin on my service desk but not for our overall Jira instance. My Jira administrator CAN drag the queues so this does seem permission-related. 

Albert
Atlassian Team
March 4, 2020

Thanks for the follow up @Hec @Andrew Boeger. Hopefully I can get back to you soon. Thanks again for waiting.

Albert
Atlassian Team
March 5, 2020

@Hec @Andrew Boeger I've rolled out the change for queues reordering, can you let me know if it works for you?

Hec March 6, 2020

@Albert I'm now able to drag the queues. Much appreciated.

Like Albert likes this
Albert
Atlassian Team
March 7, 2020

@Hec no problem mate, happy to hear that it works 😀.

nick.lawler February 24, 2021

@Fernando Bordallo @albert This issue is active again with the rollout of Starred Queues

Like # people like this
Samuel Loft February 25, 2021

Same issue.

Keri Mason February 25, 2021

Same issue. 

Dimitri Spolspoel February 26, 2021

Same here; I'm owner of 3 instances and in the one which has the new 'Starred queues' functionality the re-order functionality is broken. I'm the site-org admin.

Taylor February 26, 2021

Same issue! Very frustrating, please fix asap.

Dean Stearn February 27, 2021

Same issue for me....

Greg Fishback March 1, 2021

Ditto... Same symptom as a year ago.  I can not change the queue order in IE, Chrome or Edge.  I am the everything admin.

Abhishek
Atlassian Team
March 1, 2021

Hi everyone, 

I am a developer in JSM, we are working on fixing this issue and it should be rolled out soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The queue ordering was unavailable due to rollout of Star Queue feature
Changes from Feb-22 to Mar-01 

We are currently working on feature that is aimed at reducing the admin workload from manually ordering queues and we will ensure ordering continues to work for the sections we are introducing to the sidebar.

Like # people like this
Abhishek
Atlassian Team
March 4, 2021

Update:
We have completed the rolled out of the fix. Please let us know if you are still facing any issue.

Thanks for your patience.

Like # people like this
Hec March 4, 2021

@Abhishek I just checked and can confirm that I'm able to move queues. Thanks for the fix.

UPDATE: One caveat, though, is that I can only move the queues in the "OTHER" section, not the ones in the "STARRED" section.

Given this limitation, it would be helpful to allow us to arrange the starred queues in the order that we star them. The only workaround I see is to first move the queues in the desired order within the "OTHER" section before starring them.

Ashley Farley February 23, 2022

When will reordering be allowed in the Starred Queues section?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer