It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can't drag queues up or down in Next Gen

Hello,

As of today I am not able to move my queues. Has there been any change made by Jira?

I was able to create queues and simply drag it up and down and organise it but today I am not able to.

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Harry_Bob

Thank you for reporting this. It is indeed an issue that has inadvertently rolled out. Our JSD team is actively working on it and will roll out a fix for it asap 🚀

Thanks for letting me know @Fernando_Bordallo 

Like Fernando_Bordallo likes this

Would appreciate an update on this, as it's been nearly a month and the issue persists...all new queues are stuck at the bottom.

@Fernando_Bordallo Can confirm that I'm having the same issue again. It was fixed a few weeks ago

Like Hec likes this

@Hec Looks like its fixed again

@Harry_Bob @Fernando_Bordallo I still can't move any of my queues, nor do I see any other interface that allows me to sort them as needed.

@Fernando_Bordallo I can move them now. Thanks for the fix.

Hello @Harry_Bob @Hec

Sorry for the inconvenience. As soon as you posted I contacted the Service Desk team and they jumped on it. 🙇‍♂️

@Fernando_Bordallo The functionality reverted; no longer able to drag queues....would appreciate a permanent fix (I'm assuming this is an issue and that the ability to move queues isn't being deprecated).

Like Andrew B likes this

Having this issue in Cloud JSD :( Can't move any queues and I have access to create/edit/delete. Tried Edge, Safari, and Chrome.

@Fernando_Bordallo any updates on why the fix dropped out? We're moving our service desk to Jira next Saturday... kinda messy that the queues are all over the place unless I recreate them. 

@Fernando_Bordallo Any updates please? This is still not working. 

@Andrew B They've gone dark and appear to be content to leave this feature broken and/or don't find it important enough to chime back in.

@Fernando_Bordallo We would appreciate this issue be rectified ASAP. Thanks.

Wangers Atlassian Team Mar 02, 2020

Hi @Andrew B @Hec

I'm a developer on Jira Service Desk, I hear your pain with the queue reordering. We are currently attempting to fix this, unfortunately its been a particularly difficult bug to track down as it doesn't break consistently.

Thanks for your patience. Sit tight!

Like Fernando_Bordallo likes this
Wangers Atlassian Team Mar 03, 2020

@Andrew B @Hec
We may have found a workaround while you're waiting for the fix to be rolled out. Do you happen to know if you're a Site administrator or a Jira administrator? The bug seems to be that project admins aren't able to reorder queues, when they should be able to.

Let me know if you would like to try this approach in the meantime. If it's not possible, the fix is coming soon.

@Wangers I'm not a Site nor Jira admin, and it's unlikely that I'd have my role elevated just for a workaround for this issue. Thanks, though. I'll wait for the fix.

@Wangers I am admin on my service desk but not for our overall Jira instance. My Jira administrator CAN drag the queues so this does seem permission-related. 

Wangers Atlassian Team Mar 04, 2020

Thanks for the follow up @Hec @Andrew B. Hopefully I can get back to you soon. Thanks again for waiting.

Wangers Atlassian Team Mar 05, 2020

@Hec @Andrew B I've rolled out the change for queues reordering, can you let me know if it works for you?

@Wangers I'm now able to drag the queues. Much appreciated.

Like Wangers likes this
Wangers Atlassian Team Mar 07, 2020

@Hec no problem mate, happy to hear that it works 😀.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you