Can't create a story directly from backlog (only Bugs) Edited

Hi guys, I write you because I am not finding any similar issue in the community.

We used to create issues directly from the backlog, writing in the text input at the bottom of the backlog, where it says "+ Create issue". To the left of the text, you could choose the type of issue (Story, Bug, Task), but suddenly that list only shows "Bug". If we click on the "..." on the right the "Create Issue" window shows, and we can choose the "Story type", but not form the backlog.

Do you have any idea which could be the problem?

Thank you very much.

Cheers

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Did you make changes to your Issue Type for that project ?

Hi Vickey, thanks for the reply. 

Thats the strange thing, we did not change anything.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you

Lets do a thing - can you attach screenshots of both the method? Also I hope you are in the same project and board :-)

I checked mine - they seem to be fine and behaving as expected.

This is the way of creating issues that is only allowing me to create bugs:

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 16.52.54.png

This is the way it allows me to choose between the different types of issues.Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 16.53.19.png

Hope it helps.

Thank you

Yes, is the same project and board.

@Damian Camarasa Can you run a project level re-indexing ?

I I suppose I can, but I have never done it before.

Has this process any risk with the content of my project?. Can you explain me how to do it?

I don't know if it helps, but with another project we have, this problem does not happen. 

Thank you for the time

For sure you can - and the reason I said " project " re-indexing is because I do not want you to reindex other projects in your organization. :-) 

No - there is not risk , don't worry.  Depending upon the number of issues in your project it could take its time to complete .

I hope you are the project administrator :-) 1.JPG2.JPG

Yes I am the project administrator, so I guess I will not have any trouble.

No, I am from Argentina :-).

This process will allow me to access the board of the project, or not?. Just to know if it is better to do it during the night.

Thank you again

Mucho gusto :p

Can you tell me the number of issues you have in this project ? I can give you an estimate time as per my experience :-)

Yes - you can access the board during this time, no problem.

When you do a complete JIRA Jira Indexing ( with foreground ) - that time you will not be able to access the board. Project index wont have that issue.

Supongo que hablarás español?. Espero que sí, sino no vas a entender nada de este mensaje.

Tenemos unos 7200 issues en el proyecto. Cuánto estimás que debería demorar?

poco jaja.

I think it should take 5-7 minutes.

You can do it - it will not have any impact.

Vickey, I tried to do the Re-Index of the project, but I found that in the new Jira UI the function was removed since all JIRA Software Cloud instances will do an auto reindex without any effort from the user.

Do you have any other idea of what could be happening?

Thank you again for your time

@Damian Camarasa Oh! you are using JIRA Cloud ? I think Damian you should raise a ticket to Atlassian then .

Yes @Vickey Palzor Lepcha, luckily the Atlassian team helped us, and they solved the issue.

Thank you very much for your help

@Damian Camarasa Good to know it was resolved - any idea what was the root cause and what was done to resolve it ? I'd love to know :-)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

45 views 2 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you