Can "user properties" field be used to send out email notifications to multiple emails?

Tejas November 23, 2020

By default Jira only allows one email address to be stored in profile. we have business need to send out email to two emails IDs for a single user ( client email and company email). With use of user properties field we can add secondary email address but can that field be used to send out notifications? 

Screenshot.png

2 answers

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2020

Is this an automated email that you need to regularly send or is there a manual component to this? Are the tickets on which this needs to occur focused on a single individual? Are you integrated with LDAP or something of the like which would act as a source of truth for both email addresses?

Tejas November 25, 2020

This is going to be automated notifications similar to notification scheme. I am trying to find out that Instead of custom fields whether user properties field can be exploited for sending out emails to multiple or alternate emails. User's Email will be sync'd from IDP/AD with attribute mappings. So its not single user one time scenario. This is for all users.

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2020

I am sure something like this could be added in one of the email plugins (we make Notification Assistant for Jira for example) but I believe this would be a significant amount of work. Otherwise you may consider writing this in ScriptRunner but then it's you doing the work instead of a vendor. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

No, Jira works on the usual assumption that one person has a single unique email address

Suggest an answer