Can i add a hyperlink on the JIRA Introduction message

Wang_KK May 31, 2020

Hello,can i add a hyperlink on the JIRA Introduction message?Let my colleague click the words on the system dashboard introduction to jump to another page.

(Jira Server v8.3.0)

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2020

Hi @Wang_KK 

Yes, to edit the System Dashboard Introduction gadget you'll need to be a Jira Admin and then.

1. Go to Jira Admin > System > General Configuration
  2. Press "Edit Settings" in the top corner and locate the field "Introduction"
  3. Add the text you wish to have on the introduction gadget into this field
  4. Press "Update" at the bottom of the screen.

^ This will replace all the text in this box - so if you want to keep the existing text you'll need to add that in here too.

It does say wiki markup works here but I find HTML works better for adding links, etc.

If you're still using the default text, it should also have a link to the System administration section on the gadget itself - words similar to "You can customise this text in the Administration section."

Ste

Wang_KK June 1, 2020

Thank you,it works.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2020

Awesome!

If this worked, could you select "Accept Answer" above my post so other users can check this out too? :)

Ste

nishant kumar May 15, 2023

Yes that works but these changes will reflect globally to that particular widget.

Suggest an answer