Can customers self-register

Alexander Riggs October 21, 2014

Is it possible for customers to self-register rather than have to be invited? Or at least be able to create a link that people can self-register using the link?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Charles Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2014

JIRA Service Desk 2.0 has the ability to allow customers to sign up and create accounts without requiring your entire JIRA instance to be set to Public mode. Please check the articles below.

Alexander Riggs October 22, 2014

Thank you very much! I knew there had to be a way somehow!

Charles Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2014

You're most welcome, Alexander. Incidentally, I came across this recent knowledge base article discussing self-sign issues in instances using external user management such as LDAP. Please review if applicable. https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=677085280

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2014

If the instance is marked as Public people can sign up and get an ID

When you say instance, do you mean JIRA or service desk?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2014

Isn't service desk just and add-on to JIRA like the agile component?

So what you are saying is, if I want customers to be able to register themselves for the service desk only, I have to make the entire system wide open?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2014

I would think so. I haven't used the service desk add on, but we had our instance public so people could self register. Then the project leads put them in roles. That was inside a our network so there was no access from the internet so no chance of a robot going crazy and creating a ton of IDs.

Suggest an answer