Can an automation be triggered from a hidden field in JIRA service desk using the plug in?

Liat Dunkelman August 23, 2016

I am trying to automate a service desk ticket to be automatically assigned to an agent based on the criteria below however, my automation is not triggering.The HELP Category is a hidden field that is automatically set to rostering once a reporter submits a ticket. 

issuetype = "Help Desk Request" and HELP category= Rostering AND School in (cascadeOption("Connecticut"), cascadeOption("Washington D.C."), cascadeOption("Georgia"), cascadeOption("New Jersey"), cascadeOption("New York"), cascadeOption("Pennsylvania"))

3 answers

0 votes
Yuting Qin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2016

I think there is a syntax error in the JQL above, HELP category should be quoted as "HELP category", automation might not be triggered because of this.

0 votes
Liat Dunkelman August 23, 2016

Thanks Joe, but that is not my question.

My automation to assign a ticket based on the above criteria is not triggering when using a hidden field. Are hidden fields able to be triggers for automations?

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2016

I believe the automation, like the users, can't see hidden fields. Simply leave it off any screen.

Suggest an answer