Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can access jira cloud rest api without a licensed app?

gtrig I'm New Here Jun 09, 2021

I am trying to build an app that pulls basic information about tickets and saves basic data back to an issue (points). is this possible to be done without having a registered - licenced app on atlassian marketplace?

1 answer

0 votes
Prince Nyeche Community Leader Jun 09, 2021

Hi @gtrig 

Yes, it is possible. On the cloud, you can always install an app as a "private app" and this way you can be able to use a custom app specifically for your instance. See more on the documentation

gtrig I'm New Here Jun 10, 2021

I dont want to use it as a developer... I want multiple people to be able to use the app. As a developer I can only use my account and my instance of jira cloud app

The page that you sent me has no reference to "Private app"  also... I am using rest v3 not Connect

Thanks for your quick response

Hey @gtrig 

Let me clarify, "private app" means it's only available to the instance where it is installed. The link I sent, that is referring to the development mode being enabled from your app settings (see step 2). That means everyone within your instance can use it not only you. If you want multiple instances to use the app then you have to enable "private listing" (see same step above) - this to me is a manual process. It doesn't matter if you're using REST API or connect both will achieve the same result. Let me know if you need further clarification.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you