Can Jira use sql development?

Dimas Pluguez February 11, 2019

Hello

I hope you are ok.  We are using MS SQL 2016 Standard edition in our development database and our JIRA is using that server to keep our data.   I found that JIRA won't work on Express Editions of Microsoft SQL Server.  does anybody know if JIRA will work on the Development version of Microsoft SQL Server?

Thanks

Dimas Pluguez

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2019

Check the documentation for connecting Jira to MS SQL Server. Furthermore, check the "supported platforms" page for the version Jira that you're running. (Google search "jira 7.13 supported platforms" for example.) It will indicate which versions are supported for the version of Jira that you are running.

Historically, only the Express versions have not been supported, but there is a range of supported versions of SQL Server that will be supported for the version of Jira you're running.

Zee Gabi January 23, 2021

Probably it works, but my question is that is it legal to use SQL Developer for Jira and Bitbucket? Since then that instance of SQL Server is not diretcly used for development, but it is related to that somehow :)

Suggest an answer