Can Jira notify assignee if ticket has not changed in 7 days?

edwardcorreia78 May 9, 2024

I want to know if Jira can send a notification to the assignee of a ticket (aka story) if the ticket has not been changed in 7 days. 

This would be intended to act as a reminder to workers who are required to perform at least one activity on each ticket at least once per week. 

I USE THE CLOUD VERSION

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2024

Hi @edwardcorreia78,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Yes, that is possible with automation. All you have to do is create a scheduled automation that looks for issues that haven't been updated in the past 7 days and then either add a comment on it or sends an email. Here is an example from the template for JSM:

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 12.55.16 PM.png 

Thanks Mikael. I will try that! 

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
1 vote
ArulAnthonySebastian Nadar May 10, 2024

If using script runner plugin. 

Use Escalation Service and notification can be done readily.

1 vote
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2024

Hi, @edwardcorreia78.  Welcome to the community  👋

It would be better for you and us if we knew if you were on Jira cloud or Data Center (to make sure you get the correct answer).

But in either case, you will want to learn about Jira Automation. I can't supply the correct link to the right version of the doc. not knowing about the platform, but I am sure you'll find it now that you know what to look for.

Good luck,

-dave

Thanks Dave. I am using the cloud version (it has a URL that begins with http).

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this

Suggest an answer