Can Jira Service Desk customer edit/delete their request?

My JSD customers sometimes need to modify the request they placed through cuatomer portal. Sometime they pace duplicate request,once they realize it they need to delete the duplicate one. Is these functionality available in JSD?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

No, not really. What you could do as a workaround, is allow the customer to close his/her request though the customer portal.

To allow this, make sure you have a transition to close an issue from any status (global transition to your closed status) and then enable it on the customer portal. As such, your customer can at least already indicate that no further work is required on it.

You can find a bit more info on how to set this up on this page.

Did you find a solution or workaround for editing in the portal? 

My use case is a bit different since we were hoping to have the edit function for Change Management requests. We have 500+ IT users that could potentially submit a CM, but don't need/want to provide a JSD license for them to simply modify the CM for typo or dat changes. Any suggestions on this? 

This makes NO sense. Our customers need to be able to change the priority after creation. They need to be able to set a due date after creation, they need to be able to set a screen field on transition.

While I understand you want to have as many users paying for JIRA and agent subscriptions, it is ridiculous to restrict the simple ability to edit fields after the issue is created. We waste so much time editing issues via customer comments.

I also see this is common in the Atlassian feedback systems and yet there is never any Atlassian comment or action.

So frustrating that we are going to probably move from the Atlassian service. We have over a hundred staff on Confluence, Jira and Service Desk, yet the nit picking in Service Desk is too much of a headache to outweigh the integration benefits.

Hi @Marc Turner,

My initial reply to the question was maybe too much focused on the use case where a user realised he had created a duplicate question and wanted to notify support about that issue. For that matter, JSD allows you to enable transitions on the portal out of the box.

True, that option has its limitations. However, when running on Server the Atlassian Marketplace might help you. Actions for Jira Service Desk is an app that lets you add transitions and screens to the customer portal and may and is a feasible solution to the use case you describe.

This widget could not be displayed.

Did you find a solution or workaround for editing in the portal? 

My use case is a bit different since we were hoping to have the edit function for Change Management requests. We have 500+ IT users that could potentially submit a CM, but don't need/want to provide a JSD license for them to simply modify the CM for typo or dat changes. Any suggestions on this? 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

216 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you