Can JIRA ServiceDesk in Cloud integrate with JIRA Software on prem?

Tony Young December 3, 2018

We have a JIRA Software install at our company HQ. Our engineers use that for tickets to resolve software defects. Unfortunately, this install is taken offline regularly for maintenance and system restarts

We would like to use JIRA ServiceDesk for our support portal, but given how often the on prem install goes offline, we are worried about impact to our customers needing support. To mitigate this, we would like to use JIRA ServiceDesk Cloud

Question: Can I connect JIRA ServiceDesk in the cloud to our on prem JIRA Software instance to link engineering tickets to support cases, etc? Or do both pieces of software have to be installed on the same server? The documentation appears to show it's possible, but I want to make 100% before we start down the garden path on this

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2018

Hi @Tony Young

it's possible to link Server and Cloud products, you'll just need to follow this documentation.

You will need to make sure that your Server instance is reachable from Cloud (so, from the internet) of course for the link to work.

Let me know if you have any questions, 

--Alexis

Tony Young December 6, 2018

Awesome. Thanks!

Deleted user June 27, 2019

Hi @Alexis Robert

Then, is it posible for example from a JIRA SD server escalate to JIRA Software Cloud?

Thank you

0 votes
Coco _El mejor_ April 17, 2019

I want to re-open this:

Is a bad idea have an hybrid cloud-server? We are interested in buy Jira Software server and Jira SD cloud.

Before buy it, i want to know if exist problems with the compatibility between both products.

Coco _El mejor_ April 17, 2019

Like Known-issues...

Like Ivailo Ivanov likes this

Suggest an answer