Can I use the embedded H2 database regularly?

biiom October 16, 2019

Hello.
Is it necessary to switch to the mysql database?
Can I use the embedded H2 database regularly?

3 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2019

Your H2 database WILL fail at some point, and you are likely to lose everything from it.

Please, move to a supported database.

1 vote
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2019

@biiom 

The H2 is supported for evaluating Jira, for production purposes you should definitely with one of the databases listed at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/supported-platforms-938846830.html

Cheers

Kurt

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

Atlassian tells you to convert to another database. If the vendor says to switch I would. It doesn't have to be mysql. I've used it on my own machine to test out things, but never in production.  

biiom October 17, 2019

But why?
I store data on my server. Why I can't use the built-in h2 database all the time?

Suggest an answer