Can I specify different SLAs based on the time an issue is created?

Andy Entrekin December 14, 2015

I have a client whose contracted SLA specifies one response time if an issue is created during working hours and a different (longer) time if an issue is created outside of working hours. Can this be implemented in JIRA Service Desk (cloud) and, if so, how?

What I want to implement is a rule that duplicates this logic (the part in bold is what I'm specifically asking about, but I thought seeing the full logic might help get a better answer):

If priority = 1 then ( if (created_time < 8:00 AM or created_time > 5:00 PM) target = 1h else target = 30m ) else if priority = 2 then target = 1h else if priority = 3 then target = 10h else if priority = 4 then target = 20h else target = 50h

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2015

Hi Andy,

To resolve your issue you need to define a calendar first which covers the 8am to 5pm time period. See below for example

image2015-12-15 9:24:24.png

You can also add in any holidays to this calendar that you want to ignore so this might include public holidays as well as agreed periods when the SLA is relaxed. Here is an example with the 1st of January set as a holiday.

image2015-12-15 9:36:50.png

Now that you have two different calendars we can create the SLA tracking. So here is an example showing how you would build up your condition as described above.

image2015-12-15 9:52:47.png

Note that the way SLA is calculated is each line is considered in turn until the JQL returns true and the calendar timing matches. So the first two lines cover your P1 and different times.

Using this approach you can build complex SLAs with ease. One thing to note is this will have some curious results when an issue is raised at 4:31 pm as it will originally have a 30m target, or at 7:31 where it would have a 1 hour target. You may need to consider how you want to handle these edge cases.

Hope this helps

Phill 

Suggest an answer