Can I set a calculated field value based on a project Version Release Date?

For a given project, I have a number of versions.  Those versions all have a Release Date associated with them.

Could I create a calculated number field that is the difference of (Project Version Release Date - Created Date), which would provide an age for the defect, from when it was reported by the customer to when it was released.

If I need to or if it makes it easier, I'd be glad to create a Custom Field for the project that captures the Release Date from the project Version on a transition.

Currently I don't see a way to use that "Release Date" value, or to pull it into a custom field.  Is that possible?  I do have the Script Runner plugin, but am not strong at scripting.

1 answer

Hey Dan, did you manage to get this requirement accomplished ? I'm currently trying to build something similar

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,799 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot