Can I set a Return Merchandise Authorization process/forms in either Jira or Confluence?

Alejandro Vizcaino December 17, 2018

Hello community, have any of you set a RMA process in Jira or Confluence before?

I'm sort of new to this tool and I need to set the RMA up. Not sure if this software/system has that feature included. 

"Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) is a transaction whereby the recipient of a product arranges to return goods to the supplier to have the product repaired or replaced; or in order to receive a refund or credit for another product from the same retailer or corporation within the product's warranty period."

l appreciate any piece of information that you can provide.

Thank you. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2018

Yes, I've used it for something similar.  Basically used Service Desk to handle the customer interface, and the authorisation stuff on the back end to do things like "manager has signed off this change" etc.

It's the same as doing any other process in Jira - start by mapping out the workflow and how people should use it, then think about the reporting - what you want to report on determines what data you ask from the users (i.e. fields)

Suggest an answer