Can I have different priority labels and descriptions for jira software and jira service desk projects.

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Defining priority field values

Can I have different priority labels and descriptions for jira software and jira service desk projects. i.e JIRA software, blocker, critical, major etc JIRA service desk P1, P2, P3 etc

Regards

Will

1 answer

0 vote
Jack Brickey Community Champion Jan 30, 2017

absolutely. Misread question and misstated as a result... in fact to my knowledge there is not way to have 'Priority' schemes/project.

That's great thanks Jack, the reason I asked was I went to issues > priorities and edited the fields and it changed them across all projects. I have 5 service desk projects plus a couple of software projects.

How would I edit one project? Or does that require posting another question?

Jack Brickey Community Champion Jan 30, 2017

Will,

Mea culpa...I misread your request and not sure how sad. After rereading I see that you want different names for Priority per project. This, in fact, is not possible at least you can't use the "Priority" field in that manner. You can however add a custom field to do that but unsure if that would meet your needs. Maybe if I better understood the requirements (why you want different labels/names) I could offer an alternate solution. I'm going to edit my original response too. 

Sorry for misleading you.

BTW, here is a ticket open on this with Atlassian - JRA-3821

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

167 views 1 17
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you