Can I change the order of initiatives/epics in my plan view

lisa December 18, 2020

Hello,

I am still in the process of setting up a roadmap view which is shared across multiple teams. For this I used the "plan" feature.

Ever since I assigned "teams" (which are not associated on purpose with a project board) I cannot  drag and drop my initiatives / epics anymore in an order I want. Any ideas how I can still do this?

Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 16.56.14.png

1 answer

0 votes
Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

@lisaI hadn't tried to do this yet since I've just started with planning myself. I can suggest using priority or ranking as a way to order them in the list but that is a really crude way to go I would think and that would likely screw up other things.

Can you use a JQL filter to get them in order although it would also likely be pretty complex.

Maybe naming convention? Use a period in front of the name to get it first in the order?

lisa December 18, 2020

thanks Danno, but it looks like it is sorting based on the ticket number... :(

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

@lisaI just tested this in one of my own plans. I added extra sources to the plan, took the one project source that alphabetically showed up in the middle of the board, changed it's name by adding a period to the front of the name and it moved to the top of the list. This indicates to me that you can change the order by using periods in front of the name.

See the screenshot here:

Planning board.png

lisa December 21, 2020

Thanks Danno for helping me out.

Question: What do you mean by "added extra sources to the plan"?

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2020

OK, I used more than one data source. In my case, I added projects instead of boards or filters.

Plan settings.pngIssue Sources.png

Our company currently uses projects like departments. Just to test my theory I added the 5 projects to a plan. Note that the order of adding doesn't help and that Stratocraft Manufacturing without the leading period would have landed between Purchase Requisition and World View Issues. I learned this trick from an Outlook training class. 🤣 You can add more than one to make it work.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events