Can I automatically trigger a status update for Issue A based on the status of linked issues B,C,D?

Teresa de Figueiredo April 10, 2018

If Issue A is "Blocked", I would like to update "Blocked" -> "To Do" only if all the linked issues have been resolved OR deleted. Is this possible in JIRA automation?

2 answers

0 votes
Nick Menere
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2018

Hi Teresa,

This can be done Automation for Jira.

You need to create a rule with the following:

• When issue transitioned
  • JQL condition to check that issue is resolved
  • For linked issues (Branch)
    • Using the related issues Condition, check that all linked issues match the JQL - statusCategory = Done
    • Check the issue matches 
    • Transition the issue to "To Do"

It should look like:

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 1.52.54 pm.png

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Nick

Teresa de Figueiredo April 17, 2018

Thanks for your help, I'll try it out!

0 votes
Bryan Bai April 10, 2018

there has a workflow condition called "Sub-Task Blocking Condition" which will allow you to select the specific status of sub-task to allow the transition of parent issue.

Teresa de Figueiredo April 10, 2018

Thanks! Does this also work for linked issues? not just subtasks?

Bryan Bai April 10, 2018

sorry, was thinking you ask for sub-task. there no out-of-box solution for the linked issue. But you can have it by adding some script customization. we were using SIL plugin to have a script loop all linked issue and judge the status, then you can put this script as the condition of a workflow.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.jjupin/cloud/overview

Suggest an answer