Can I assign to a specific assignee if a particular choice in Select List (single choice) is selected??

I have a Select List (single choice) with a list of different applications and I would like to assign the issue to a specific user if a certain application is selected. Example: If requester selects CRM in the drop down list, the issue is assigned to a member of the CRM team.

Guidance is much appreciated.

Davina

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote
Sam Hall Community Champion Nov 30, 2016

Hi Davina,

If you aren't already using them, could you use the 'Components' field for your applications, instead of a select list?

You can set up a person as the 'Component Lead' and set it so they are the default assignee for issues where that component is selected (if you want, you can remove the 'Assignee' field from the create screen if you do this, so users don't get the chance to override). 

See: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-components-776636315.html

Otherwise, you'll need to use an add-on to get the behaviour you are after.

Sam

What add-on would that be?

Sam Hall Community Champion Nov 30, 2016

For JIRA Cloud, there are a few options I know. None are free, though.

These two would allow you to add a post-function to your create transition to run a script to set assignee according to your custom field. So would require some scripting work:

Another one to consider is this one, which will let you implement a rule to assign the issue when it is created based on JQL you define:

Others might know of different options.

the Component route works. Thank you .

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

218 views 2 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you