Can I Collapse/Hide a Column of a Kanban Board?

Hi smile

We use a JIRA Agile Kanban board for our project and we have a column name "Queue (Waiting for Customer)". This column has a relatively high WiP limit since a lot of support tickets that are waiting for a customer response are collected there. This leads to the board being relatively cluttered in this column while the others have low limits.

Is there a way (maybe even a plugin) to collapse the issues of this particular column? Even though we don't have much influence on how many issues are in this column we would still like to easily see how many issues there are (but not the issues themselves).

Regards

Sebastian

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes

Not really collapse as such, but you could have a quick-filter for "issues not in status (list of the status within Queue)".  Then you could quickly toggle the issues on and off!

Why dont you consider using a quick filter which excludes the data in that column (i.e. you set it as status !=Waiting for customer) 

This way your kanban board will not get cluttered and you can of course get to see the entire cluttered board just by unclicking the Quick filter.

Rahul

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

84 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you