Can Customers create linked Issues? e.g. during a major incident

Eli Devlin April 10, 2023

Hi all,

Is it possible in Jira Service Management Cloud for Customers to be allowed to create linked issues, linked to a pre-defined issue?

e.g. during an Incident, the IT Service Desk creates a parent Issue. We when communicate to the business, 'if you are affected by this, click here' and it creates a linked Incident, or something similar?

Other Service Management tools have this functionality, but I cannot see anything like this in Jira.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Hi @Eli Devlin,

There is no immediate way I can think of to set up exactly what you describe with ease. But the Atlassian stack may offer an even better solution (from the customer perspective). When using StatusPage for communicating active incidents, customers can subscribe to updates for the incident and be informed of when it is resolved automatically with every update your team provides.

That approach can help avoid the creation of additional incidents for the same known problem, so the service team(s) can focus on resolving the incident rather than managing incoming tickets.

I can imagine the same finality is behind your question as well. I can also imagine that creating a ticket for every related incident may be useful information to track in a post incident review and even in customer relations. I am not sure, though, if you want to put the power to decide whether a new incident is related to an ongoing problem in the hands of the customer at ticket creation.

Hope this helps!

Eli Devlin April 12, 2023

Thanks Walter, the StatusPage offering will do nicely.

Much appreciated.

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events