CSV Importing subtasks

Adam Wantling January 28, 2020

Complete noob here, I have an issue in Jira and I want to import lots of child issues to it from a CSV file. How do I do it? What columns do i need in the excel and what do they need to be mapped to?

1 answer

0 votes
Tony Rossiter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2020

@Adam Wantling 

Here's an overview on CSV imports into Jira, including how to bring them in as Sub-tasks: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/importing-data-from-csv-776636762.html

A couple of notes from personal experience: 

1. Unless you're importing to multiple projects, use the import tool's feature to select a specific project rather than using the Project field to map a project.  It's cleaner
  2. Date formats are picky.  When you select a format through the import tool, make sure those columns in your .csv are formatted correctly.   The default format it suggests is "MM/dd/yy hh:mm a".  The corresponding format in the .csv is "MM/DD/yyyy h:mm AM/PM"
  3. User fields can be tricky but, not having done this in Cloud myself (I only use server), I'd recommend following the advice in the link above

Suggest an answer