CSV Import - Attachment URL Not Importing Edited

I have run several CSV imports with success. I added an attachment column and mapped it using an https:// link to an item in our Google Drive account. It imported but came across as "Open" or edit with no attachment. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Sarah,

The attachments might be password protected, hence JIRA can't access them. Are you using Server or Cloud?

Cloud. 

I assumed that since I created the test ticket for myself and didn't log out, I should be able to click on an attachment link I created since I don't need to "log in" to be directed to the url. 

I meant on the Google Drive side.

Can you see the attachments on your browser using the URL and not logging in?

I see. So if I open a new browser, not logged in to Google, then no I cannot see it. It takes me to the google log in screen.

That won't work then. You can download them locally and update your attachment links as so. Either in the current directory

file://file.jpeg

or a path

file:///folder/file.jpeg

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/importing-attachments-into-jira-cloud-using-csv-691011888.html

Bummer! Ok thanks so much for your help!

@Edwin Kyalangalilwa [Mumo Systems]

I am facing the same issue, Could you please help me how could I update the file/ attachment Link to the path: file://file.jpeg?? 

I am not clear to what can be done so I could have a successful Imports with Attachments. Please Advice!!

I am facing the same issue, Could you please help me how could I update the file/ attachment Link to the path: file://file.jpeg??

Tried by uploading the files through Google Drive and by the below process.. Both are throwing the same error:

1. Attached all the Attachments into a test issue in Jira
  2. Copied the URL's of attachments
  3. Pasted the URLS in the Attachment Column in my CSV File 
  4. Imported them through CSV importer

Hi Sravan,

This process is not possible when importing from Google Drive. You'll have to get the files to your local computer and then you can use the file://file.jpeg.

Edwin,

This has worked: Thank you! we are migrating huge data.. about 10,000 issues with more than 2000 attachments in it.. Is there a way to bulk import the attachments? saving each and every attachment locally for 2000 attachments will take it for ever.. I was looking if there is any workaround for this..

Please Advice.

Thank You!! 

Hi Edwin,

Here we are migrated jira issues from one cloud instance to other,we've mapped the attachments column also,import done ,attachments are attached to the issues but i'm unable to view the attachments, Here i'm attaching the screenshot for your reference,Please provide any solution to migrate the attachments or to view the imported attachments.image.png

Hello,

You'll have to download the attachment files separately and then do a import. They won't be brought in with the CSV import. Let me know if that helps.

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 19.52.00.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-03 at 19.52.17.png

Please add "Anyone" group to Browse Project permission in Permission schema and import the  CSV format. So while importing it will not check any authentication and download the attachment from Source and upload into Target server. I have done it and it is working fine.

Regards

Ravi

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

90 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you