Button Names Not Correct

John Carr May 8, 2017

Using the cloud version of JIRA Service Desk and the buttons on the ticket screen dont seem to match anything i have setup. I have a button that says "Respond to Support" and i cant find this description anywhere in the workflow.

Thanks in Advance 

John

4 answers

0 votes
Tim Patrick May 8, 2017

if i am readin this correctly, its that the buttons at the top of the screen for transitions are different to what you think you have put in.

the name of the buttons is run by the transition and not the status. go into the workflow, click on the relevant transition, then click on edit.

for instance, if the transition changes the status to closed, click onto the transition to this statyus and then click on edit. you can then change the name of this transition which changes the name of the button.

hope this answers your question.

John Carr May 8, 2017

thanks for the reply tim, it was something similar to that  but notm exactly that..but is sorted now.

Tim Patrick May 8, 2017

awesome. what was the fix?

0 votes
John Carr May 8, 2017

Have managed to sort this ****** Thanks 

0 votes
John Carr May 8, 2017

Looked all over the place still cant find how to change the button text

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2017

Service Desk shields the end users (customers) from the details of the workflow, and although the experience the customer sees is directly related to workflow, it's not configured in the same place.

Have a look at the service desk settings to see how the customer-ui is mapped on to the workflow.

John Carr May 8, 2017

Hi Nic

sorry am not sure if i have explained myself correctly. This isnt anything to do with what the custoer is seeing. This is the actual support desk end when going into a ticket. The names on the buttons dont match what i have added into the workflow. I want to make sure that the buttons reflect what the action is, as the example above one of the buttons says "Respond to Support", this should actually be "With Support" but cant find where to change this.

many thanks

john

Suggest an answer