Burndown Chart - is it possible to change the points calculation way?

Tracy Liu September 16, 2019

Now I got 4 columns which are “To Do”, “In Progress”, “In Review”, “Done” from left to right.

Following current rules now, the points of each task will be deducted once moving to the most-right column.

Can I change any setting to let the points be deducted if I move the cards to “In Review” column (the 3rd column from the left side)?

Thanks if anyone can answer my question!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

Hi @Tracy Liu ,

An issue is considered to be 'Done' when it is in a status that has been mapped to the right-most column of your board.

I think in the your case, when Issue appears in the "In Review" column, it is impossible to calculate the number of burndown points.

Tracy Liu September 17, 2019

So if i need an issue is considered to be 'Done', it must satisfied double conditions, right?

It means an issue should be dragged to the right-most column and also tagged as 'Done' or 'Resolved' for its status. 

That is an issue wont't be considered to be 'Done' even i tagged it as 'Done' or 'Resolved' but it's not in the right-most column.

Do i understand correctly?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

Yes, the single right-most column will always be green, representing items in a 'successful' state.

Like Tracy Liu likes this
Tracy Liu September 17, 2019

Okay, got it!

Thanks for your reply~

Suggest an answer