Bulk Update value on custom field is blank

William Wynn December 10, 2013

I added a new custom field of type Tempo Account.

I'm doing a bulk update now on 25 cases to set the value of this field. When I select the new value and confirm the bulk update, Jira tells my it's going to set that field to blank, no mater what I select as the default value.

Here I select the new value:

Selecting New Value

And here's the next screen where it's now blank:

Value now blank

edit: Also the checkbox to disable sending an email isn't working. It always says it will send an email even if I uncheck it. Other fields seem to work fine.

Any idea what's going on here or how I bulk update these cases. I have more than 25, but am just starting with these.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2013

Hi William,

it seems like the email check box is stuck on sending email if it was chosen once and you try to change it by going back to the previous page (cancel). Can you confirm this?

The JIRA warning is there as a general reminder, that if you have checked a field to be edited and you did not enter a new value, the former value will be deleted.

The Field Value at the top of Step 4 shows the old value of the custom field that you are editing.

Hope this helps

Kind regards,

Susanne (Tempo)

Suggest an answer