Bulk Assign is missing

mvascovitz October 7, 2019

Hello,

I am an admin but JIRA is not allowing me to bulk assign stories to a user.  I could do this action last week, and I can manually assign them, but I cannot bulk assign.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Regards,

Michael

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user October 17, 2019

same here. I can change everything else but the assignee. PLEASE FIX. ASAP

mvascovitz October 17, 2019

We had to follow up with Atlassian support directly.

1 vote
mvascovitz October 17, 2019

Hello All,

To get this resolved Atlassian had to manually performed an update to our database.  If you encounter this issue please contact your support contact.

1 vote
Markus October 7, 2019

Hello,

Could you confirm that you have the two permissions listed below. These are required in order to perform a bulk change.

"Required permissions - To perform a bulk operation, you'll need the appropriate project-specific permission and the global Bulk Change permission. For example, you would need to have both the Move Issue and Bulk Change permissions to perform the Bulk Move operation." - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-861257342.html

Cheers,

Mark

mvascovitz October 8, 2019

Hello Markus,

I can bulk change everything else except the assignee.  I could do that two weeks ago but the box to enter the assignee is missing per my screen shots.  Have you experienced this before? 

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2019

Hi @mvascovitz 

Given that you were able to do this but now can't, try with a query which returns only a few issues, to see if that works for you. My thought is that your query may be returning an issue that you don't have access to (say from a different project), then bulk change won't let you do it. 

At what point is it going wrong? Once you've selected all the issues? Or before that?

Hi @Warren 

Once I have selected all the issues, the box that would allow me to enter a users name in the "assignee" is missing.  In the image I included you can see I can select "Change Assignee" but the cell that allows the user to enter a users name is missing.

Missing Name.jpgBULK ASSIGN MISSING.jpg

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2019

Hi @mvascovitz 

I'm a site Admin for our cloud Jira and I also don't have the option to select a user - the only thing I can do is to bulk assign to "unassigned" - I've never wanted / needed to do this before, so not sure about it

Suggest an answer