Bugzilla Import Gotcha

John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2014
I have an issue with the importer, or perhaps it's documentation,prompted by Jira calling a set of severities; priorities. What I want (more importantly, what my users want) to achieve is our bugzilla Severities (Blocker, critical, major ....) loaded to a custom field of that name. Also I wish to load Priorities (highest, high, normal ...) to a modified standard field of that name. I can accept that enhancements are made into improvements at load. I am able to modify the options in the standard Priorities field to be (highest, high, normal ...) with appropriate icons and colours. Then run the importer setting priorities to be imported directly to the standard field (highest -> highest; high -> high ...) and severities to be imported to the custom field (blocker -> blocker; critical -> critical ; major -> major; normal -> normal; minor -> minor; trivial -> minor; enhancement -> normal) I can set up to do this, but the import is not successful. My interpretation of the documentation on the importer is that this should work; if the step of deciding that an enhancement becomes an issueType of Improvement is taken first; then thereafter a simple mapping of data values from the input bugzilla field to the output Jira field should plain work. Something hard coded appears to be in place w.r.t the Priorities field in Jira? This has been discussed before by others but I consider this a bug, perhaps you'll explain it away somehow? Two questions I know; sorry, but otherwise the importer works logically and like a treat ... Please clarify for me. John

5 answers

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2014

Having been prompted by automatic e-mail to close or otherwise update this issue, I've chosen to add this comment.

Reviewing the thread will show any interested parties that it includes unanswered question from myself.

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2014

Oops! I should add now that I'm using Jira Importers Plugin 6.2.3 on Jira v6.2.7

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2014

Hi again,

this is daft but having created an account (User = JohnBayne) I don't see a 'Create Issue' button :-). Perhaps you need to give me permissions?

I've walked through the process again taking screenshots along the way to show my setup (field configurations), the importer configuration and the post import issue with the issues/fields.

T'is evening here now and I'm off home. Perhaps I can get the tarball of images/logs to you by another means?

John

pborkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2014

HI John Bayne, we have recently changed groups and permissions on our Ecosystem instace. Could you then send me this informations on my e-mail: pborkowski@atlassian.com, I'll create corresponding issue and give you permission as soon as possible.

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2014

To be precise; the import did run, but the mappings of Priorities and Severities were incorrect.

I'm attending training for the next 2 days but will try to repeat this soon to send you screenshots and logs a.s.a.p.

I should have added that I'm currently in evaluation at JIra 6.2.7 but I don't believe this stuff will have changed?

Thanks.

John

pborkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2014

Importers are a plugin in JIRA, so you always can check the newest version on marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-importers-plugin/versions. If your bug can be verified and reproduced, we usually can roll out a fixed version on Importers plugin to market place within 7-14days.

0 votes
pborkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2014

Hi John,

Yes, this indeed sounds like a bug. If I undestand you correctly, you are able to set up everything you want in Import Wizard, but when you start import it fails with some errors/warnings or exceptions. Could you share with me your import log?

If you are afraid it could contain some confidential information feel free to create an issue in Importers project: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JIM(with desired security schema). I'll do my best to help you with your import process.

Cheers,

Przemek

Suggest an answer