Bugs open vs. closed

Hi,

I want to create a report (chart) that will display our progress on bugs.

I want it to display a graph of open and closed bugs for the past 1 year.

How do I do it?

Thanks,

Janiv.

3 answers

0 vote
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Apr 22, 2012

Hi Janiv,

do you know this report: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Created+vs+Resolved+Issues+Report

Maybe this helps.

Best regards

Thomas

Hi,

Thanks.

I know this report.

I'm looking for a different one.

All I want to see in my dashboard (or out of it) is how many bugs were solved every week or every month, and how many were left (are still open).

Thanks again.

I am looking for the same report I believe.  I want the same format as the created v resolved, except that the datapoints are open vs resolved.  Does anyone have a solution?

You might want to use SQL for JIRA to transform your JQL for the bugs into a standard SQL query which is a really trivial task.

Then you can use the SQL for JIRA Reports and Charts free extension to create a ROLAP data cube with the status as dimension and then use it as datasource for the chart. It provides an example report that you can use as former for yours.

The vial reports are built with BIRT a easy and very popular free opensource reporting and business intelligence tool. 

Anyway if you need some assistance contact to support in order to get help to create your reports.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

144 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you