Bug?: My sprint burndown charts are running in reverse

Hayden LeBaron February 9, 2021

Hey all!

Product

Jira cloud Next-gen software project.

Problem vs expectation

So I woke up today, and looked at my sprint burndown chart--and it's suddenly running in reverse. Every time I move something to "Done", the slope of my chart increases (instead of decreasing like I expect).

When I mouse over an inflection point on the chart, it says "Transitioned to not done Story points +X" when it should say "Transitioned to done Story points +X"

When I look at past sprint burndown charts, I see the same issue--even though they used to look fine yesterday.

I'm reporting this bug here since I have a free plan.

Possible causes

The only thing that I can think of that could've caused this is I "edited" my workflow to contain more "To Do" stages. I did not change the "Done" stage whatsoever so this shouldn't have affected anything. But I'm mentioning it because it's the only new thing I've done with Jira lately.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

I would guess that your changes mean that you have reconfigured things such that your status are not "done" when you expect them to be.

Jira works off the llast column on the board, is that not how it is working for you?

Hayden LeBaron February 11, 2021

I actually didn’t realize that Jira assumes the last column on the board to be done. I expected things to be “Done” depending on how I set up my workflow in the “workflow editor”.

Thanks, that fixed everything!

irka July 5, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  and @Hayden LeBaron  hey. I think a have a similar problem in our project. I have added a "Reopened" status and everything in the reports got fucked up. And based on your case I understand that now "Re-opened" is the last column in our board. 
So I'm wondering how safe is for me to move columns around. Will it fix the problem and all issues that used to be done will become done and completed again? 
A little bit scared to move things, not to make things worth :D

What would you advise? 
Irka

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2022

Moving the column to the left of the "done" column will fix all your problems effortlessly.  It won't even change any data on your issues.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events