Broken images after JIRA update

Jason Yeung February 9, 2021

Hi,

I recently updated JIRA to version 8.15. I noticed some of the images in our existing tickets are broken. The issue would look something like:

ServiceDesk1.png

The red circle indicates where the image should be. When this icon is clicked, the following appears:

ServiceDesk2.png

I was wondering how do I recover the images for previous tickets?

Jason

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

Hi @Jason Yeung 

Please check whether these files are present in the folder jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/jira/web/servlet

ViewThumbnailServlet.class

AbstractViewFileServlet.class

ViewAttachmentServlet.class

If not present add it from the previous backup copying each files to the location I have specified.

Please let me know if it solved the issue.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

Please let me know if I have to share the files which are to be added

Jason Yeung February 11, 2021

@Pramodh M ,

Thanks for your help.

I added the class files, restarted JIRA service and it worked properly. The files were from a different thread that you and I corresponded with:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Can-t-view-attachments-after-updating-to-JIRA-Service-Management/qaq-p/1605999

Sincerely,

Jason

Like Pramodh M likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events