Boards with non-private filters are non-accessible to anyone in JIRA cloud after a day

Joyce Ho November 1, 2018

I created a Scrum board for a project (e.g. "Going to the Moon" ) with a new filter automatically generated by JIRA system (e.g. "Filter for Going to the Moon"). My board creation steps are as follows:

1. Click [Create Board]
  2. In the "Create a board" pop-up, choose "Board from an existing project", click [Next]
  3. In "Name this board" pop-up, input Board name, choose the same project for Project and Location , click [Create Board]
  4. Go to the Board, the Board is visible to me.
  5. The next day, without settings changed, the board is not accessible to me or anyone anymore, despite the filter used by the board is available to "Going to the Moon" project - All roles. I am the filter admin, project admin and JIRA admin. The board was not "private" yesterday, but now it sis "private" as shown in the picture despite there has been no change in filter settings.

Such issue did not occur in last month. Any idea what further steps I can take?

board-creation-issue.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user November 5, 2018

Hi @Joyce Ho,

This is interesting, can you screenshot your system settings for sharing boards, filters, etc? It may assist in uncovering what is actually happening.

Thanks 

Joyce Ho November 6, 2018

@[deleted] We have just found that there was some miscommunication. The problem has gone. Thanks!

Deleted user November 7, 2018

Hurray @Joyce Ho,

Have a great day :) 

0 votes
Marty Johnson November 24, 2020

To help people in the future. 

This is caused by someone creating a private filter and assigning that to the board. Make sure the filter permissions are set to the appropriate permission. This feels like a bug within Jira that an admin can be blocked from their own board. Also the filter for the board can't be changed as you 

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

0 votes
Micha August 29, 2019

I am having the same issue. How did you resolve this @Joyce Ho ?

Suggest an answer