Blocked request type field

Hello good afternoon!
The request type field is blocked for editing options and its obligation, how do I unlock it?
I'm trying to make this field appear in the Zendesk form integration and I'm not succeeding.
Can someone help me?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Locked fields are locked to prevent us from mis-configuring them.

What do you think you need to change to make the field appear in the Zendesk config?

I have a doubt if it is possible to remove this block from the field?
Is there any way?
Because I need to make it mandatory for the form with the integration tool that is Zendesk. Today it does not appear and the field information is empty.
Do I need to request an integration for this field to be visible in Zendesk? Or can I do it via jira service?

jira.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

The point of the block is to stop misconfiguration, so you can not unlock it.

It needs to be optional to allow your Agents to be able to create issues that are not direct requests from users.

You could raise an "improvement" request with Atlassian to enable this, but it is really a downgrade, and they'll almost certainly reject it.  Forcing Agents to have to create requests instead of issues when they don't have a direct request would heavily limit their ability to keep everything in one place (project), and would cause all sorts of other problems.

All you can really do is reconsider your setup in Zendesk - don't work it off requests, work it off what your agents are actually working on - the issues behind the requests.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events