Best way to create Workflows

Jonas_Schneider March 22, 2019

Hello there!

Currently we're using "Nintex Workflow" for Sharepoint 2010 to create workflows. So like a new employee starts on 01.05.: Input data for user, send info to several people, create tasks in jira and assign them th people... 

This is currently done in the Nintex workflow, as mentioned above. Since we're not planning to use the sharepoint anymore we're using Confluence as a knowledge base and jira primarily for our developers (we're a software developing company) for their tickets (kanban, scrum, e.g.)

We're running a testversion of Jira HelpDesk, too. 

Whats the best way to create such workflows in one of the products (Jira (+service desk) or confluence) with a plugin or with build-in options. 

It's a bit hard for me to specify our needs, tbh. Lets say I want to create the following workflow:

New employee starts at 01.05.
human ressources needs to give info: name, phone number, mail-adress etc.
admins need to get info for creating domain accounts
team leader needs to be informed
team leader gets the temp password for the domain-account

Just to give a quick example for one of the workflow i'd like to create.

Is there a good way with one of the atlassian products? :)

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2019

Hi @Jonas_Schneider 

In the past i did something similar for my previous employer. 

We solved it by creating an issue in JIRA and with the plugin "Automation for JIRA" creating multiple subtasks and adding a component to the subtasks depending on the team that had to work on that subtask. 

We then created a dashboard per team that had to pick up these issues. 

Is this a solution that you think that could work for your company? 

Regards

Dave

Suggest an answer