It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Best reporting options in JIRA? Edited

Hello,

I'm a project manager and I'm looking for the best options to create reports for external stakeholders. Specifically, I would like to be able to export a PDF with details on what has been completed, what has not been completed, and what's planned for the next iteration of work. We use sprints so showing specifics of that sprint is what I'm targeting.

I've used the reports available in JIRA such as the Sprint Report. This is a good start because the "Completed Issues" and the "Issues Not Completed" sections are very helpful, but I would like the ability to include what's planned for the next sprint and need to export this information.

I have also tried the Charts and Reports plug-in but this mostly shows metrics that are only useful for service desk data - not at a project level.

Please advise on the best way to use existing JIRA reports, or possible plug ins that would allow me to keep my external stakeholders up to date on project status.

NOTE - I use JIRA cloud. 

Thanks!

4 answers

Hi @Jacky 

Another option you can give a try is Better PDF Exporter for Jira Cloud. You can use our app (I'm a member of the team behind this app) to reproduce some of Jira's own reports and also customize the output and create the layout and information that you need.

Check out some of the PDF output examples here >>

0 votes

Hi Jacky,

You could create a dashboard and add a a 'filter results' gadget, which allows to retrieve all the issues returned by a JQL query.  You could also check VisualScript for Jira. They provide customize reporting and If you contact them they can give you a demo and even evaluate your use cases. Hope it helps.

Hi Carlos,

Is there a way to export these dashboards? Or a way to share dashboards with external stakeholders (people who may not have JIRA access) without making it public and available for anyone to see?

Thanks!

Hi Jacky, I'd suggest to check the options that are listed here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JIRA-dashboards-to-pdf-excel/qaq-p/225532

Hopefully one of these may work work you. I'll continue investigating though.

Carlos

Hello Jacky,

As Carlos said, you can use VisualScript for Jira to create custom reports.  With the add-on, you can create the reports you listed in your question.   For example, you can create reports in Jira dashboard gadgets of what issues have been completed, and what issues are left to complete.  You can also search across multiple sprints (both active and planned) to create reports that way.

Please note that I am a Senior Solutions Engineer for the VisualScript for Jira and VisualScript for Confluence products, and there are other reporting tools available on the Atlassian Marketplace like eazyBI and Arsenale Dataplane.

Hi Evan,

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I need something available for JIRA Cloud and both VisualScript and Arsenale Dataplane are only available for Server/Data Center. I'll give EazyBI a try.

I like EazyBI if you ask me, is very flexible when dealing with reports and if ever needed you can import information from other sources apart from Jira as well.

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

375 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you