JIRA dashboards to pdf, excel

Hi,

I want to export multiple dashboards to excel, is there a plugin for that?

Thanks,

6 answers

1 accepted

You can export dashboards or a list of gadgets to PDF using JIRA PDF View Plugin version 3.5.0 or newer.

By modifying the export template (trivial) you can export multiple dashboards identified by their numerical IDs to the same document.See the Customizing what dashboards and gadgets to export section in this page: http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-pdf-view-plugin/documentation/dashboards

Here is a sample (original PDF):

jira-dashboard-to-pdf.png

Hey,

have you searched the forum or at least checked Google ("jira export dashboard"...) before you asked that question?:-)

Check those questions:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/97302/can-we-export-the-dashboard-results-to-excel-in-jira-4-4-5

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/82361/jira-dashbaord-export

Cheers Christian

Its a late reply but I thought it may be helpful for some one..(this try is for chrome only)

Here are few steps I tried in chrome browser.

1. Make 2 column layout (identical width) in your dashboard
  2. Use chrome and right click on dashboard and click inspect element and make sure inspect element window align vertical to the right hand side of dashboard (This makes your dashboard squeeze)
  3. Again right click and print
  4. In print settings go to more settings and select Landscape mode and tabloid paper and save it as pdf

With these steps, I created a pdf for my needs....but just play around and see it can be helpful. These steps are only for 2 column layout.

In Firefox 37, I

• Maximed the dashboard I wanted
  • Right clicked in it and chose "This Frame" from the context menu.
  • Selected ¨Show only this frame"
  • From menu bar, select "File" then "Save page as..", with setting "Webpage, complete" and a filename.
  • From LibreOffice Calc(which trails Excel) I selected "Insert" then "Sheet from file" and pointed to the filename.

This results in a nice clean import, cleaner than a copy + paste.

I also needed to export my dashboard into a PDF. I checked for plugins and gadgets to export from our Jira cloud dashboard but couldn't find anything. Tools exist if you have your own JIRA server but we are using the cloud based version.

I used a Chrome extension called "Full Page Screen Capture" which output our dashboard contents to a png file. I then used GIMP to open the png and export to PDF.

In Chrome, right-click and select 'print...'. Next to 'destination' click 'change' and select 'Save as PDF'. The 'paper size' option will appear. Select 'A2'. Change 'layout' to 'Landscape'. If you're working with a different browser, I don't think the 'Save as PDF' option is available. Select 'Adobe PDF' as the printer instead, then try to change the paper size somehow. I was able to do it in Edge, but I couldn't do it in Internet Explorer because it didn't seem to give me 'A2' as an option (only A3). Changing the scale to 70% or so may also help. Good luck.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

243 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you