Behaviours server side scripts stopped working

We have two simple behaviours that set a value on a field.  One behaviour sets a default resolution and another sets an assignee.  I do not know exactly when they stopped working, but it is definitely pretty recent.  The failure is occurring in Dev and Prod.  I recently added a traffic light plugin and I removed that in dev to see if there was a conflict, but nothing.  The only other recent change is that I began making more use of scripted fields, but I doubt that's the issue.  Just looking for thoughts on a possible cause.  We use behaviours for many other things and all other functions seem to work fine.   

1 answer

I got this working again, but I am really not sure why it stopped in the first place. I failed to mention above that we upgraded our production JIRA Agile plugin to 6.6.80 on 5/9.  I think that is when thinks stopped working. We've had 6.6.80 running on our dev site for several months, but my guess is we didn't even notice that was when Server Side scripting stopped working in Dev, but I think it might be the start of the problem in both environments.  


  1. In Prod I checked issues that would have used the server side scripting before and after the 5/9 update and it appears that that is when it stopped working.
  2. In Dev, I was able to disable and re-enable JIRA Agile and Scriptrunner and the server side scripts started working again.  
  3. In Prod, it was not so easy.  After trying the above during lunch and failing, I knew there was one more difference in Prod.  Since we are running JIRA 6.2, we were still running 3-beta of Scriptrunner in Prod.  I decided to update to 3.0.16 of Scriptrunner in Prod and after that the Behaviours server side scripts began working again.  

The entire thing was very strange, but all is working again.  I don't know if during our maintenance on the 9th (which included a restart of JIRA), if something didn't restart correctly of if there is some minor plugin conflict.  I probably need to do more log investigation, but for now all is good.  

I can't make much of a comment, but thanks for following up with the outcomes.

Thanks Jamie. I apologize for the confusing comment. I guess I was just hoping someone had a similar issue with the server side scripting failure and had a quick answer, but I'm happy that it is working again and will just be sure to do a broader range of testing before upgrading plugins in production next time.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,700 views 18 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you