Batch.css causing performace degradation

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2013

I am experience performance degradation and the cause seems to be a file batch.css (that has many URLs with the same name). I checked with Chrome Java Console and this file is taking 2-3 minutes to download, meanwhile the screen freezes.

This happens 1-2 times a day and in the server the CPU utilizations raises notably from the mean usage.

I also notice that this happens while changin context, from the dashboard to the project page or the admin section, for instance.

This is Jira 6.0

Has anyone seen this? Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2013
  1. Is there a proxy in front of JIRA which causes the caches to expire?
  2. And may be this answer from Vicky at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/107359/issue-overview-takes-a-long-time-to-load-and-is-buggy</li<>>
Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2013

1. Yes there is a proxy (apache) set as a virtual host.

0 votes
Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2014

Thanks for the tip.

0 votes
Andreas Ebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2014

Fyi, this could also be due to JRA-37337. There seems to be a performace problem in JIRA when (re-)generating the batch resources (CSS, JS). You (and everyone else with this problem) might want to vote for that issue.

Suggest an answer