Batch.css causing performace degradation

I am experience performance degradation and the cause seems to be a file batch.css (that has many URLs with the same name). I checked with Chrome Java Console and this file is taking 2-3 minutes to download, meanwhile the screen freezes.

This happens 1-2 times a day and in the server the CPU utilizations raises notably from the mean usage.

I also notice that this happens while changin context, from the dashboard to the project page or the admin section, for instance.

This is Jira 6.0

Has anyone seen this? Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1. Is there a proxy in front of JIRA which causes the caches to expire?
  2. And may be this answer from Vicky at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/107359/issue-overview-takes-a-long-time-to-load-and-is-buggy</li<>>

1. Yes there is a proxy (apache) set as a virtual host.

Fyi, this could also be due to JRA-37337. There seems to be a performace problem in JIRA when (re-)generating the batch resources (CSS, JS). You (and everyone else with this problem) might want to vote for that issue.

Thanks for the tip.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Jira

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,096 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you